Sunday 4 January 2009

Feeling hot hot hot!

...and NOT in a good way. Why is it something as common as a cold can really knock the wind out of your sails? The cough alone is horrendous- I have no idea how people who smoke deal with chest infections (Have you noticed they usually continue smoking as well? Utter madness!)and I just ache....I eventually got out of bed at just after 2pm because I just couldn't lay flat anymore, jumped in the shower and now I'm snuggled up with my lappy for company. Oh, and Indiana..who is having GREAT fun bouncing and chasing after a rubber ball that my mum gave her on new years day. The ball belonged to my last dog-Spike, who passed away almost 10 years ago. I didn't even realise Mum had kept it-but I suppose for sentimental value she'd hung on to it. Indiana is great at destroying things so I was a tad reluctant to accept it at first, but she's here happily playing with it and as Mum categorically stated, it's pretty indestructible. Kinda cool that another doggy is getting some pleasure out of it too- although with it being solid rubber each time she bounces it down the stairs it sounds like the house is falling down, and makes my head throb. I think she's doing it deliberately because she knows I don't have a voice to shout at her with..sneaky mare...I'd like to say that Phil is doing a wonderful job of looking after me, but he's actually completely avoiding me. He's shut himself off into the Dining Room to play WoW I think..I wouldn't mind so much but it's not as if I've got the plague! I can understand his rationale though, he's back at work tomorrow too and the last thing he needs is this. I don't think I'll be venturing in if I haven't had a major turnaround before the end of the day..there's no way I could concentrate with my temperature being so high and coughing and spluttering everywhere..besides it isn't fair taking germs into the office. Disappointing though- not the start to the new working year that I had in mind:(

No comments:

Post a Comment