Saturday 3 January 2009

Not ANOTHER blog?

Well, yes actually:) Because so much of me is Kitty and she me (except she doesn't have an arse the size of a small island in the pacific) I realised that I was becoming tempted to post LOTS of real life things on her blog-which wouldn't be fair. It's important to retain the differences between a real life and a second one-despite them being inextricably linked.
Plus I really should make more of an attempt to keep a diary! I love writing and so much of my time is taken up doing that activity that it really does seem daft that I don't have any record of my daily life anywhere. I used to make attempts at keeping diaries as a teen, and would write diligently in them every night usually until March, when I would have lost interest. Bad habit that, I'm terrible at starting things and not finishing them....
Anyway, it's late Saturday night. I feel utterly dreadful-I've managed to come down with a rotten chest infection that is making my chest ache and my ribs swear in all sorts of languages. Phil is downstairs on World of Warcraft. I can hear him chatting away on teamspeak to his guild mates, so they're obviously raiding dungeons and twatting goblins galore. I'm not listening to any music-just the whirr of the heating as it clicks on and off, and the noise of my hard drive..You know how when you feel really poorly you can't be bothered to listen to anything? That's exactly how I feel. I made the fatal error of dozing on the sofa earlier and fell asleep for a few hours like a prat. It's too easy though when Indiana is beside me..she's so warm and cuddly and when she starts sleeping it just kind of triggers off an automatic response in me. Well, that's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it.
Ooh hang on, I've just heard a rustle behnd my monitor, which means Myrtle has crept down the back of my desk and is hiding there. She's an odd cat that one; incredibly loving but stupidly skittish..she LOATHES Indiana with a passion, which is ironic when you consider they're sleeping not two feet away from each other-Indy is besides me feet in her basket. Snoring.
I've just finished a cup of Lemsip hot lemon, with an added secret ingredient-Whisky! I'm an advocate of the hot toddy method of curing illnesses, purely because it does seem to work.
Helps you sleep and numbs the symptoms I guess:)
I really should go in-world and do Kitty stuff, but I just feel so 'Meh' that I really cannot be arsed...hope I'm fit for work on Monday. The last thing I need after a fortnight's break ( I know! It's gone so bloody quick!) is to be calling in sick....

Before I go, I see the eleventh Doctor Who has been selected, and he's a chap by the name of Matt Smith. At 26 Matt is going to be the youngest Doctor, and I must admit I was holding out for Paterson Joseph to nab the role, but alas-not to be. I have a lot of faith in Steven Moffat and all the Doctor Who crew, but I do wonder if some of the reasons (apart from his acting record) that he has been selected is because of his appeal to the tween audience, and also his passing resemblance to Robert Pattinson, star of 'Twilight'. We'll have to wait until 2010 to see if he's going to be any good, so plenty of time for him to swot up on the role. One thing is for sure, he's going to have to work bloody hard to match the huge impression that David Tennant has made in the role...fingers crossed and good luck Matt-you're going to need it!

1 comment: